Whats it all about?

Starvation Diet is an art/life project started by artist Beth Barlow in October 2009. This next generation blog is contributed to by other people who have joined in with the project as it has gone along, choosing to resist foods they don't really need and give the money to others who are in more need. If you wish to join in and be a contributor please e mail me at bethbarlow@bethbarlow.com The original starvation diet blog can be found by clicking on the link in the links section of this page.

Sunday 5 September 2010

Hot buttered toast

slightly charred toast, with deliciously salty butter ...mmmmm !

I'm debating with myself , is hot buttered toast a luxury or a staple ? In the wake of my own personal starvation diet week, I'm questioning food frantically especially as I forgot I was going to be doing it TOMORROW. (Thank you for the reminder Beth !)

It should be an interesting week as my life is filled with food from the moment I wake up till I go to bed. It's not because I'm greedy (which I am) but because I work with food and develop food services. I have decided upon the following as definite give ups. My coffee fix of a double shot cappuccino at work . I am reluctant to give up my home made espresso before work , but coffee is a luxury and I guess it's got to go. Luxury products including sugar, cake, crisp, biscuits, alcohol and chocolate will all be on the list to abstained from.

Thankfully I have two foraging sessions planned in work, at least I'll be able to find some treats to eat for free ! Although all hope may be lost at the end of the week when I attend a food festival.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those debates are the exact same thing as I did when I started. My first debate was over a Christmas pudding in Wilkinsons. Must have looked like a pudding pondering over it down the christmas dec isle. Just watch that you don't start having your debates out loud or people really do start to stare.

    ReplyDelete